Friday, August 27, 2010

52 x 52

My most recent photo project was very specific. A portrait to be placed in a frame measuring 52cm x 52cm. The client is familiar with my work and I was free to get creative, keeping in mind that the portrait would hang in the living room for all to guests to see.

[Mi proyecto mas reciente era muy específico. Un retrato para un marco de 52cm x 52cm en tamaño. El cliente está familiarizado con mi trabajo así que me dieron libertad creativa, teniendo en cuenta que el retrato ve estar en el salón a vista de todo visita.]

We met one afternoon in the clients home and I set about finding the right light. Thankfully their living room faces West and so I was able to take advantage of the slowly setting sun.

[Quedamos una tarde en casa del cliente y rápidamente empecé a buscar la luz adecuada. Por suerte el salón mira hacia el Oeste así que pude aprovechar la puesta del sol.]

I shot about 100 images, this was narrowed down to 15. I retouched the top 10 and the client selected their favorite. The whole process was smooth and the project was completed within 2 weeks time.

[Hice unas 100 fotos, estas se redujeron a 15. Luego retoque las 10 mejores y el cliente selecciono su favorita. Todo el proceso fue muy fluido y el proyecto se completo en 2 semanas.]

Here is the final image which now hangs in their living room:

[Aquí tenéis la imagen final que ahora se encuentra en el salón del cliente:]


This 2nd (below) image was my personal favorite but the blue sky didn't match the colors of their living room and so this image had to be put aside. This is the only image in which I used artificial light, an SB600 mounted on camera.

[Esta 2ª (abajo) imagen era mi preferida pero el cielo azul no coordinaba bien con los colores de su salón, así que esta imagen tuvo que ser descartada. Esta es la única imagen donde hice use de lux artificial, un SB600 montada en cámara.]

A more classical portrait (below).

[Un retrato mas clásico (abajo).]

And this final one I love because of their body language. But the crop didn't work for the frame they wanted to fill.

[Y esta última me encantaba por el lenguaje de sus cuerpos. Pero el corte de la imagen no funcionaba para el marco que querían usar.]

Thanks to Ana and José for entrusting me with this project.

[Muchas gracias a Ana y José por confiar en mí para realizar este proyecto.]


Copyright © 2010 Ivett Chicas

No comments:

Post a Comment