Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blending and Textures [Mezclando y Texturas]

I've wanted to use textures in my images for a while now. But I'll admit I was intimidated and didn't know where to begin. Flickr has been a great research and resource tool for me. While browsing I found this great free textures website, I like it because it's simple and organized - good stuff! Here is my very first image with texture:

[Hace tiempo que quería usar texturas en mis imágenes. Pero admito que la idea me aterraba y no sabía por dónde comenzar. Flickr ha sido una buena herramienta de investigación y recurso en esto. Mientras buscaba por aquí encontré esta magnífica página de texturas gratis. Me gusta porque es sencilla y organizada - cosas buenas! Aquí está mi primera imagen con textura:]

This image has a lot of ingredients, if you're curious as to what, continue reading.

[Esta imagen tiene muchos ingredientes, si tienes curiosidad de que se trata, continúe leyendo.]

The image that inspired it all is a picture I took while in Barco de Avila. It's a picture of the backyard as the sun was setting. I love the colors in the image but felt something was missing. I kept opening up the image and staring at it ... thinking that if I stared long enough an idea would come to mind. Here is the original:

[La imagen que lo inspiro todo es una foto que hice en Barco de Avila. Es una foto del patio en el atardecer. Me encantan los colores de la imagen pero sentía que algo faltaba. Abría la imagen y lo miraba fijamente... pensando que si lo miraba lo suficiente alguna idea se me ocurriría. Aquí está la original:]


Then I ran across a self portrait I captured months ago while experimenting with the lighting in my apartment. The lighting is all natural light coming in from one window, I believe it was about 5PM (summertime), so not too strong.

[Después encontré un retrato proprio que capte hace meses cuando experimentaba con la luz en el piso. La luz es todo natural, entrando desde una ventana, creo que era las 5 de la tarde (en verano), así que no muy fuerte.]

Since I was using the backyard image I wanted to replace the closet doors and mirror frame with something you might find outside. A wooden shed of some sort came to mind so I used an image of a door I had captured in Barco de Avila.

[Como estaba usando la imagen del patio quería reemplazar las puertas del armario y el cuadro del espejo con algo que encontrarías fuera. Un cobertizo de madera de algún tipo se vino a mente, así que use la imagen de una puerta que también capte en Barco de Avila.]

The final ingredient was a texture. I found one by JustN8 on Flickr that I enjoyed.

[El ingrediente final fue una textura. Encontré uno hecho por
JustN8 en Flickr que me gustaba.]

Combine all these and voila!

[Combinar todo esto y voila!]

No comments:

Post a Comment