Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dark Glare [Resplandor Oscuro]

My photography classes have ended (for now) but my quest for new knowledge continues. I have lots of ideas in my head and lots of doubts as to how to develop them but I'm working on a series I hope to one day share with you.

[Las clases de fotografía han terminado (por el momento) pero mi búsqueda de nuevos conocimientos continua. Tengo muchas ideas y muchas dudas sobre como desarrollarlas pero estoy trabajando en una serie que espero compartir con vosotros un día.]

At the moment my computer rests from processing 2GB images and I surf the web in search of new and neat photoshop tricks to keep my creative juices flowing.

[Por el momento mi ordenador descansa de procesar imágenes de 2GB y yo navego por la web en busca de nuevos y geniales trucos de photoshop para no perder la creatividad.]

Today I read about the Dark Glare Effect on the Photoshop Support Group bulletins. I've adjusted their system to my tastes, below my images you'll find the steps I followed and you can see more examples on the link above.

[Hoy leí sobre el efecto llamado resplandor oscuro en el foro Photoshop Support Group. He ajustado el sistema a mi gusto, abajo de las imágenes encontraras los pasos que yo sigue y puedes ver mas ejemplos en el link de arriba. Y perdonad pero no he incluido la traducción de los pasos pero si te interesa me lo dices y te lo envío.]

'CORPORATE ANGST'

ANGST'

1. Open image in Photoshop.
2. Immediately duplicate image as a new layer.
3. Go to IMAGE, then ADJUSTMENTS, select HUE/SATURATION, desaturate duplicate layer. Change blend mode for this layer to MULTIPLY.
4. Duplicate original image again in a new layer.
5. Go to IMAGE, then ADJUSTMENTS, select HUE/SATURATION, desaturate duplicate layer. Change blend mode for this layer to OVERLAY.
6. Duplicate this last layer.
7. Go to IMAGE, then ADJUSTMENTS, select HUE/SATURATION, desaturate duplicate layer.
6. Adjust opacity of layers as necessary and to your liking.
7. Adjust contrast via CURVES or LEVELS as necessary and to your liking.

At this point the tutorial went into blurring and coloring etc. I didn't find these steps necessary as I like my images completely focused but everyone has their own style so you may enjoy. Check out the link above. I skipped ahead to the following:

8. Go to LAYER on the toolbar. Select NEW FILL LAYER, select SOLID COLOR. Here I went with a sepia tone type color.
9. Change blend mode for this layer to OVERLAY and reduce opacity to between 5 - 10%, depending on your taste.

At this point I masked and unmasked some areas to my liking but it's not necessary. I hope I didn't miss any steps and if you ever end up using this method, let me know how it works out. = )

No comments:

Post a Comment